Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
General Terms and Conditions of Sale
1. These are the terms on which Penningtons Confectionery Ltd are willing to supply the goods described. These terms apply to all orders already received and all future orders placed by yourselves, until further notice from us. Should you wish to negotiate any of the terms stated below please contact us. No changes can be put in place until approved by one of our directors in writing.
2. Orders may only be cancelled by agreement with us. We may make a charge for any costs incurred and work done to that point. If we cannot agree the amount of such a charge the cancellation/suspension will not be accepted. Under the United Kingdom's Distance Selling Regulations, you have the right to cancel the contract for the purchase of any of these items
within a period of 7 working days, beginning with the day after the day on which the item is delivered. This applies to all of our products. We can accept returns of complete product, which is unused and in an "as new" condition.
3. The prices given are those at the date of quotation. We reserve the right to increase any prices at any time. We do not have to notify the customer until the invoice is issued. All prices quoted are exclusive of VAT, which is also payable. Carriage is charged on all orders unless otherwise agreed with a senior member of staff. Carriage costs are worked out on weight basis so carriage must always be requested on quotes.
4. Delivery dates quoted are estimates only. We do not hold any responsibility for failure to deliver on those dates. If goods are to be collected they must be done so within seven days of our notifying you the goods are ready for collection. Storage charges can be made at peak times when storage space is needed.
5. You are strongly advised to inspect all goods on delivery/collection. We do not accept liability for alleged defects in goods which would have been apparent on such an inspection unless the claim is notified to us within 7 days of delivery/collection. You must, if required by us, return goods to ourselves for a full inspection. Once the inspection has been carried out you will be notified of the outcome, either in writing or by verbal telephone conversation.
6. We do not hold any responsibility for mistaken orders; it is the customer’s responsibility to make sure all goods ordered are correct at time of processing the order with us. If at any time an order has to be changed we can make charges for any work done prior to the change being notified to us. If a product is returned to us a full refund will only be given once a full inspection of the goods has been completed to make sure they are not damaged or have been used.
7. If order numbers are used, these must be supplied at time of order processing as the information is automatically processed. If Proof of Delivery is required we may need a least 1 days notice to access the information at peak times.
8. Payment is due on the expiry of 30 days from date of invoice, unless otherwise stated at time of order taken. If payment is not received by this date, we may do any or all of the following:-
i) Suspend or cancel our obligations under this or any other contract.
ii) Charge interest on any overdue invoices from the date of invoice to the date of payment
iii) Exercise any other rights to us under the contract (including repossession of goods as stated in clause 9)
iv) Review your credit limit with us
9. The goods specified under this contract remain the property of Penningtons Confectionery Ltd until full payment is received for any invoices in respect to the goods in question.
10. In the event that you exceed your credit limit with us, we will suspend the account but once payment is received we will be willing to continue with the account held with us. Once the credit limit has been reached we request that immediate payment is made to reduce this amount. If payment has not been received within 30 days of the credit limit being reached we reserve the right to collect any goods unpaid for.
11. As a matter of practice we operate credit limits for particular customers, and review these regularly. If any order is to exceed the agreed limit full payment has to be received for all outstanding invoices.
12. These terms are set out by Penningtons Confectionery Ltd, we reserve the right to change the above at any time without giving prior notice but once done so a new agreement will be issued to all parties concerned.